Collab with El and Marti (Pink Smarties)

by - March 30, 2016


Hi everyone, and welcome to our collab (Lou,El and Marti) today, we are going to be talking about issues that we feel influence teenagers and young people of this generation. We hope you enjoy this post and we will see you again very soon. xxx Byeee

I recently saw a video by Dove (the skincare brand) which showed how much images on tv and in magazines are edited and it really shocked me. Obviously, I already knew that photos were edited but I didn’t realise what extent they are actually edited to. The world’s definition of “beauty” is an impossible task to achieve for anyone from me to you to Kylie Jenner - it’s just not possible. We shouldn’t be looking at these photoshopped images and saying “I wish that was me”. Everyone needs to embrace themselves and love themselves for who they really are and we need to get this impossible idea out of teenagers and young people’s heads. After seeing this video, I didn’t look at people on magazines in the same way and I didn’t watch tv in the same way because at the back of my mind I knew that most of the images were photoshopped or the actor/actress/model was wearing excess amounts of make-up that was actually damaging their skin. Personally, I think there shouldn’t be the saying “beauty hurts” because at the end of the day there is no such thing as being “perfect” or “flawless”. Us girls, should enjoy putting on make-up or putting on face masks etc. and we shouldn’t be doing it just to look better. Anyway, I suggest you watch this video and you will completely understand what I mean. Sorry, this was a bit of a ramble but this is something I feel very passionately about and I feel like the world needs to take this matter more seriously.
 
Thank you so much for reading,
Love Lou
xxxxxxx
 
El's Post
 
El's post will be up on Friday (1st April)



You May Also Like

14 comments

  1. Wow, what an excellent post! I loved collabing with you two lovely girlies, I hope we can do it again some time!

    http://pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/big-issues.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved collaborating with you two as well! We definitely need to do it again! xx Love Lou

      Delete
  2. I loved your collab it really defines the stereotype of beauty and perfection. Helping this forever changing society realise that their really is no definition of the perfect person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, I couldn't have said it better myself. Love Lou xxx

      Delete
  3. Great post!! It's a really important thing for people to know. I'm going to go & watch the video xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is something I feel like needs to be taken more seriously and I feel really passionate about it! Love Lou.

      Delete
  4. This is such a lovely post! I've really enjoyed reading everybody's interpretation of it! Need to watch the video now!xx

    Check out my recent?
    www.hannahporterx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Your too nice. heheh Love Lou xx

      Delete
  5. Nice post!It is useful! Video is clearly! So good! This information is good for my daughter. Thanks the author!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Glad it helped. Love Lou xx

      Delete
  6. Thank you for this, I really love this post so I decided to follow you:) ! I myself am a teenager who struggles with insecurity and I think these kind of positive messages really need to be spread<3

    Check out my latest? -Maya mayasienna13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely do need to be spread. I'm glad this post helped you - you all mean so much to me :) Love Lou

      Delete
  7. This is such a great post!

    Christina ♡ from Okay Christina

    ReplyDelete