How To Get A Flawless Base!

by - March 11, 2018

 

  
 
I always scroll down Instagram and see some absolutely gorgeous make up looks, but more often than not, the foundation alone is £30! So today, I'm sharing with you the products I use to achieve my (affordable!) flawless base!

First off, I always cleanse and moisturise. To cleanse I use a little but of the garnier Micellar cleansing water just to remove any make up than may still be on my skin from the day before. And then to moisturise I use 1 and 1/2 pumps of the L'Oreal hydra genius moisturiser - this stuff is skincare gold if you have dry skin!


Then, on the back of my hand, I mix a half pump of the L'Oreal infallible illuminating primer with 1 pump of L'Oreal true match foundation (shade 1.5N). I mix this with the Real Techniques fine liner brush (I think all of my brushes have at least 2 purposes!). I then dot it around my face and blend it really well with the Spectrum B01 brush. I love how well these two products work together and if you have any dry patches, they completely disguise which is something I definitely look for in products!


Then, under my eyes I dot, in a triangle shape, the Rimmel match perfection concealer (shade 01). I love this for illuminating under the eyes as it has vitamin c and e in so makes the skin look really glowy and fresh. I like to blend it with a slightly damp beauty blender so there's no has contrast between my foundation and concealer! I then go and cover any blemishes that weren't covered by the foundation - I use the L'Oreal true match concealer in the shade 1N, I  know this should be slightly lighter than my foundation but they're so close it's hard to tell the difference!!
 

I then use a dry beautyblender to bake under my eyes with the Rimmel stay matte powder. I leave it for a few minutes before brushing away with the Real Techniques powder brush and setting the rest of my face!
 


I then use the Benefit rockateur blush to bring a little colour back to the face along with the Sleek solstice highlighting palette (I use the bottom left shade, it's a gorgeous silver-gold glow)! To apply these I use the Real Techniques blush brush and the Spectrum A10 brush.

Finally, I use the Mario Badescu rosewater spray to set my whole face, this stuff is super versatile - you can use it on your skin or hair and it can be used a setting spray as well as a moisturiser!

I hope you all enjoyed seeing how I achieve a flawless base at half the price of the pictures high-end brand post! Thank you so much for reading, and I'll see you next week!

Lou Loves xxx

Links:
Garnier Micellar water
L'Oreal hydra genius
L'Oreal illuminating primer
L'Oreal true match foundation
Rimmel concealer
L'Oreal true match concealer
Rimmel powder
Benefit blush
Sleek solstice palette
Mario Badescu spray

Real Techniques fine liner brush
Spectrum B01 brush
Real Techniques beautyblender
Real Techniques powder brush
Real Techniques blush brush
Spectrum A10 brush

You May Also Like

0 comments