5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started My Blog!

by - February 04, 2018


It took me a long time to build up the courage to start a blog and even when I did start my blog I didn't really know what I was doing and what to expect. My only plan was to post the occasional post as a way to past the time - this was almost 2 and 1/2 years ago. At the start of my1- time blogging I often got very disheartened so I wanted to share with you a few things I wish I'd known before I started my blog!

1- Posts take a lot longer than you think to plan,write and upload

When I wrote my first post I was actually really shocked at how long it took to write. Before I had my blog, I thought it was just a case of thinking of a post title and writing a couple hundred words and that was it! Any bloggers reading this will know that this really isn't the case. However, I do think it's one of those things that you cannot fully appreciate how long it takes until you're in the situation yourself.

2- It takes months (even years) to be completely happy with your blog, content and niche

If I'm completely honest, I'm not 100%  happy with my blog even after 2 and a half years. As there is always new trends and fashions in the blogosphere it's very easy to become unhappy with the content you're producing because you look at someone else's blog and wish you had their layout or writing style, etc. etc. So, make sure you try to find your niche straight away and stick to your guns ; don't be swayed by trends if you're not into them!

3- Views and followings take time

This is one I think every blogger has suffered through out their time. It's really discouraging, especially at the start, when you spend 2 hours on a post and you're really happy with it to get a tiny percentage of your normal post views. It's not something that ever completely goes away but you learn how to overcome it.

4- It can be really stressful at times

A lot of people won't understand this one... but the pressure can get to you sometimes. Trying to keep up with the aspirational lifestyle that we're constantly sold on social media can be hard and really overwhelming. The pressure to also constantly upload high quality content that viewers enjoy can be difficult so it's best to find your niche and content you enjoy as early on as possible.

5- Some people won't like your content, but that's okay

Your content won't always be everyone's cup of tea, but that is completely fine. As long as YOU like the content you produce. At the end of the day, your content is up to you and don't let a small minority of people ruin that content and love of writing and blogging for you.

So, I've probably just made blogging sound something that's really scary, but I promise you it's not. Blogging is one of the most rewarding things I've ever done and I cannot imagine my life without it!

Lou Loves
xxx

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. Very useful post for new bloggers :)

    https://sweet16blackpoetry.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this post, it’s so good for anyone starting out blogging!!x

    amelia xo
    itsmeexx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - hopefully it'll help a few people! xx

      Delete