Blogmas Day 16 - How I Plan Blogmas Posts!

by - December 16, 2017

 

I have been really enjoying doing Blogmas this year but I always get a lot of questions about how I manage to keep on top of posting every day! So I'm going to share with you my way of getting everything done it time for the upload date!

I usually start planning all of my posts in last September/early October - that may seem really early but it's the only way I can get it all done in time!

Then through out the whole of October I plan the content of the individual posts. This is basically me sat with my laptop and with any catalogues I've managed to pick up, trying to decide what to put in each post. I then make a bullet point list in my planner along with any links or product codes I might need which makes it so much easier when it comes to actually writing the post!

Then I spend the whole on November writing up all the posts (I generally aim to have all posts done so I can have December completely off but some posts I can't do until certain points!) I don't necessarily sit there and write 3 Blogmas posts in one day, usually whenever I write a normal post I would write 1 or 2 blogmas posts as well (depending on how long the posts take to do)

Another thing that often surprises people about how I do blogmas is that I don't write my posts in order. Generally I will write the harder more complex posts first to get them done so I'm not worrying about them and then leave the easier "Baking Week" posts until the end so I can get them done quite quickly. This concept must be really weird to some of you non-bloggers as logic says that the earlier posts would be written first but that's just not how the blogosphere works!

I then take all of my photos in one go. Instead of just doing lots of small sets of photos, I do one massive one when I can just get it all done and up onto my laptop. A lot of you have also been asking me how I do the cover images for each post. So, all I did was find a Christmas stock image on Google and then add the text on on www.befunky.com

So, I hope this has helped you bloggers out there and I'm really sorry that it's not as festive as usual for you non-bloggers but I know that these types of post were really helpful when I first started blogging. Thank you so much for reading and I will see you all tomorrow,

Love Lou
xxx

You May Also Like

0 comments