L'Oreal True Match First Impressions!

by - September 15, 2017

I recently saw that L'Oreal had released a concealer in the same range as their much loved True Match foundation. Having never tried either I took the plunge and got both without having looked into it at all - buying just purely from recommendation, which is so unlike me! So today, I'm going to be sharing with you my first impressions of both of the products.


I actually got colour matched at my L'Oreal counter because I'm awful at picking out the shade that actually matches my skin tone! In the end, I decided on 1.5N but they haven't yet released the concealer in it yet so I went with 1N so I can also use it under my eyes to brighten and highlight.

I have only used this a couple of times so far, but I really like it. The formula makes it feel really lightweight on the skin - you can barely even feel it's there at all- and it's really easy to blend. Another thing I loved about this was the coverage. I didn't really know what to expect from the coverage but I'm really impressed. I used 1 and a half pumps of this and I'd say it's medium coverage but if you have less dry skin than me, you could definitely build it up to a higher coverage.


The only thing I wasn't particularly keen on was that it really clings to the dry skin around my nose. I have really dry skin anyway but this made it look a lot my dry and flaky than it really is.

If you have dry skin like me, I suggest applying less/none at all around the dry areas as it can make it seem a lot worse than it is.


Onto the concealer, I have been really liking this so far. I have been using this for the past week and I can't get enough of it!

The formula of this is obviously very similar to that of the foundation but I find this feel even lighter on the skin. With some concealers I've tried in the past, they tend to feel quite heavy - I've found that the heavier the coverage the heavier it feels on the skin.

I'm really struggling to find what to say on this apart from it being so brilliant! If ever you're in need of a new concealer definitely check this out.

I thought I'd have a little chat about how the L'Oreal shades work. They do shades 1-11in three types ; cool toned, neutral and warm toned. They literally have a shade for everyone! 7

So, I hope you all enjoyed this post, let me know if you've ever tried these in the comments, and I will see you soon,

Love Lou
xxx

Foundation - £9.99, but currently on offer to £8.99
Concealer - £7.99

At time of writing this post, all L'Oreal products are on 3 for 2!

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. loved this post!! i've never tried out the foundation or concealer for that matter, but i know it has been very raved about so may have to check them out!!

    mee xo
    itsmeexx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You need to try them, they have the best colour range! xx

      Delete