First Impressions - Make up bits I got for Christmas!

by - December 30, 2016

Hey everyone,

I'm back!!! You probably won't know this but I have had a big 1 month break from blogging - now, I know what you're thinking... I uploaded every single day for Blogmas but, all of those posts were prewritten. I have thoroughly enjoyed my break but I'm really ready to jump back into blogging. Originally, I said I was going to upload a What I got for Christmas post. But, when I was thinking about the post, I thought how many people actually did that post and I wanted to do something a little different. As my blog is mainly beauty related, I thought that I'd share with you the make up bits I got for Christmas and what my first impressions of them are!

Brushes:


The first thing I got was the Real Techniques Powder Brush. This brush is so soft, even though it is a really fluffy brush, the density is perfect for picking up the right amount of product! Unlike some other brushes from Real Techniques, this brush didn't moult at al. Some of my other brushes moulted a little when I first got them, but this one's bristles are still firmly intact! So, this brush is definitely on the way to be being my favourite brush of all time!




The eyeshadow brush I got was the NYX 17 brush. This brush is perfect for applying shadow into the crease. I then blend it out my Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush - this duo is a blending dream team! The quality of this brush is really good as well, I've never tried brushes from a make up brand before, but this one is incredible, I'll definitely be purchasing more NYX brushes!

This last "brush" isn't actually a brush. It's the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. Before I had the Primark PS Pro Blending Sponge, which I used to think was really good, but after using this, I won't go back to it! I used to be confused by the major price difference between beauty blenders, but know I can definitely see why there is a price difference, and I think it definitely shows in the quality of application.

Make up:






Going back to the subject of NYX, I also got two of the hot singles shadows - one in 19 Innocent and the other in 22 Chandelier. Chandelier was to put in my create a palette, as I felt like velvet - the shade I used to have in my palette - didn't really fit with the other shades. It's a gorgeous cool toned taupe and is gorgeous on it's own, or built up with a shade in the crease. Innocent on the other hand, is a warm toned copper shade that is absolutely gorgeous in any look! Also, the packaging of them is pretty similar to the MAC ones, but are so much cheaper!


To go with the powder brush, I got the Rimmel Stay Matte powder. I have the shade 001 Transparent which is perfect for setting your make up without it being to cakey and look like you're drowning your makeup in powder! This applies really evenly and I'm really happy with it so far!




A lip product I got was the Tanya Burr Matte Lip in Martha Moo. This is probably one of Tanya's most sort after shades,so I'm really happy that I've actually got my hands on it! It's a gorgeous dark pink shade but it's still quite a vibrant side to it too! I can't think of any other shade to compare it to! The packaging is also matte which I love - it just makes it look so much more sleek.


The final product I got was the MAC lipstick in mehr. I actually picked this shade out, it's a gorgeous pinky nude shade that goes with any look. It also has blue undertones so it makes your teeth look whiter, which is always a bonus! This is one of the matte lipsticks but it isn't drying like some other matte lip products, however like all matte lipsticks they do apply better with a lip balm on underneath.

So, I hope you enjoyed this slightly different what I got for Christmas post, and I will see you all again in the new year!

Love Lou
xxxxx

You May Also Like

0 comments