Review: Lush Snowman Shower Jelly

by - July 20, 2016

Hey everyone, I know ....... "Lou, what are you doing? It's the middle of Summer!". But, I never got the chance to write this in winter, so I thought I would do it anyway. Today, I am going to be reviewing Lush's Snowman Shower Jelly, enjoy :) xx



Scent

For those dedicated Lush fans out there, this has the same scent as Carrot soap which gets released every Easter I believe. Though, don't be fooled, it has a nice citrus-y side to it as well. It has in it: Buchu, Sicilian Lemon and Bergamot Oil. The bergamot oil makes this feel so moisturising and luxurious on the skin. I love the scent of this, but other people hate it, ...... maybe it's like marmite, you love it or you hate it.

Uses

I know some of you will think this is a pointless section but, this actually has another use, which you probably wouldn't expect. This can be used as a shower gel, or a shampoo! I never knew this until recently and it really surprised me! But, there you go, you learn something new every day.

This product, has a lot of positives to it. The thing that I loved the most about this, was when you flop it out of the tub, it looks like a snowman! This is such a lovely touch to a bathroom during Christmas time - it just looks so festive! This lathers up really well and made lots of amazingly scented bubbles! It was Christmas heaven mixed with a festive bath bomb or bubble bar! And for those of you who are interested in the ethical side of Lush, it is self-preserving and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans. And obviously, not tested on animals (LUSH is a complete cruelty free brand).

There is, however, a few down sides to this. The main one being, it fell apart! I was so disappointed. It was okay, when the head broke off from the bottom, I could live with that but then the 2 sections started breaking into lots of little bits which were too small to use.
 I was quite disappointed. The other downside of this product is, it can be very, very slippery and this is a nightmare for in the bath with loads of bubbles! But, I guess all shower jellys are like that!


Also, all shower jellys are part of a long standing program at Lush. If you take back the pots with the "Not-Virgin" symbol (shown below) on it, you get a free face mask. It's a win - win situation!


Anyway, I hope this wasn't too festive for the middle of summer and that you actually enjoyed this post,

Love Lou
xxx

QOTP - Which Lush Shower Jellys have you tried?

You May Also Like

2 comments